Everyone knows that when it's homemade, it's going to taste better. The same especially goes for making curry powder from whole, ground spices. This salt-free, low sodium curry powder recipe is easy to make and packed with flavor you simply can't find with store bought curry powders.
Protein 1 g
- Spice or Coffee Grinder
- Small saute pan
- Wooden Spoon
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 3 Bay leaves Remove lower stem
- 3 tbsp Coriander Ground or whole if you can find it
- 2 tbsp Cumin seed Ground or whole if you can find it
- 2 tsp Ginger Ground
- 1 tsp White pepper ground or whole white peppercorns if you can find them
- 2 tsp Red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper depending on how spicy you want it
- 1 Clove whole or a pinch of ground
If using whole spices
- Gather all your whole ingredients and put them into a dry pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring continuously for about one minute. Reduce the hear to low-medium and continue to stir for an additional 5-7 minutes Click for 7 Minute Timer
- Once toasted, remove the spices from the pan and pour the mixture into a bowl to cool.
- Once cooled, put all of the toasted spices into your grinder and grind until you're left with a powder
If using ground spices
- Mix together all ingredients and enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from The Spruce Eats